Saturday, October 25, 2008

Stixwould Rally organizer asks

MR BARFORD,
AS YOU ARE AWARE I AM EMPLOYED IN A HIGH PRESSURE JOB AND BECAUSE OF AMBIVALENT AMATEURS IN THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL WORLD, WHO PROFESS TO KNOW MORE THAN THEY ACTUALLY DO, AND WHO FALSELY PRESUME THEIR OPINIONS CARRY WEIGHT, AND WHO ARE MOCKED REGULARLY IN THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL WORLD, SUCH AS YOURSELF, I THOUGHT IT BETTER TO STAY OFF THE INTERNETAND REFRAIN FROM VIEWING POSTINGS BY LAUGHING STOCKS AS YOURSELF THEREBY PREVENTING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.

HOWEVER, I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE POSTED CRITICAL POSTINGS REGARDING THE STIXWOULD HOARD AND WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR FORWARDING THESE POSTING TO ME IN ORDER I CAN SUITABLY REPLY.

I HAVE HAD SEVERAL DISCUSSIONS REGARDING YOU WITH MANY PEOPLE SUCH AS DEFRA, ENGLISH HERITAGE, NATIONAL TRUST, SEVERAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL CONTRACTING COMPANIES AND A WELL KNOWN ARCHAEOLOGIST FROM POLAND AND THEIR OPINIONS ARE THE SAME......YOU ARE A TOTAL WASTE OF SPACE, BUT YOUR OPINIONS ARE WELL ANTICIPATED AS THE BULLSHIT THEY CONTAIN PROVIDES MANY PEOPLE WITH A GOOD LAUGH WHILST THEY ARE WORKING HARD AT THEIR REAL JOBS.

P.S.
YOU CAN SLIDE FARTHER ON BULLSHIT THAN ON ICE!!!!!!


I replied:
From: Paul Barford
Sent: 25 October 2008 13:14
To: Norman Smith
Subject: Re: RALLYUK WEB SITE


Dear Mr Smith,
no need to shout ! What's the matter, was it raining at the Little Chef and nobody came today?

The discussion about Stixwould, like the rally, ended ages ago. Old news. Thanks

If I am a "waste of space" and "not taken seriously" by those that matter including the whole of DEFRA, the whole of EH, the whole of the NT and all those "archaeological contracting companies" as well as Mr Oxymoron "the well-known Polish archaeologist", then why should it be of any concern what I write and think? I'll just witter away and you carry on hanging around Little Chef carparks and everybody is happy. Just don't drink their tea, its diabolical.

Paul Barford



I know who is his main contact in the Department of the Environment Food and Rural Affairs (an odd Scottish archaeologist who loves dressing up in funny costumes and hanging about with metal detectorists). When Smith says "several archaeological contracting companies" I bet I know the ONE he means (run by an odd Scottish archaeologist who enjoys hanging about with metal detectorists). I do not know who in English Heritage and the National Trust have the same penchant, but I would not be at all surprised to find such oddballs among their employees. I really have no intention of losing any sleep over their criticisms of my views. The metal detecting club run by Mr Smith tends to meets in Little Chefs before they all set off to rob some secret location of bits of its archaeological record. The tea there is awful.

No comments: